International Freight Shipping In
Freight shipping In
, which is usually determined by weight, is the way to go when you have an extremely large package that won’t be able to be delivered via traditional methods. A good example of this is furniture delivery – one cannot box up a sofa and bring it into the local post office.
– Ocean liners
– Trucks and
Freight costs in
fluctuate and are calculated by the weight and class of the item. Freight shipping is also determined by whether the shipment is a commercial or a residential one.
Australia freight shipping in
Commercial freight shipping in
is usually initiated by businesses. These companies usually have large amounts of heavy inventory to move all at once. This cargo can be construction site machinery, medical equipment of office furniture.
Residential freight shipping in
Residential freight shipping is usually applied in situations where large items such as autos or home furniture are delivered to a home. Freight costs can be paid by the company you are purchasing your items from.
International Freight Shipping In
If one were going to Europe for an extended stay visit or moving there permanently, they would use a courier company that specializes in international goods shipping. These shippers are well versed providing service both domestically and abroad.
There are hundreds of freight companies operating all over the country and internationally and all have the capacity to move an item from point A to point B. The true merit of a freight company however is in its customer service and attention to detail.
International Freight Shipping in [category_name]
Companies that offer freight services can easily be located on the Internet. Because there are several different types of courier services and modes of transportation available you may wish to do some comparison shopping for the best rates. Once you locate a company that seems fair make arrangements to have your valuable items processed and sent off as soon as possible.
International Freight Shipping In [category_name]
For shipping your goods from one place to another, especially from one country to another, International freight shipping company is considered a better option. When you browse through the web you will come across various companies claiming to be the best one. Then how do you select the one that meets your needs timely? For choosing the right shipping company, here are some tips.
* If you are new to the business of import and export, then you need to do preliminary research of listing the companies that have the experience of carrying the goods from one place to another. Specially check whether they have the appropriate facility for moving the goods on particular route you are looking for. Short-list the companies that meet your need. Send them the request and compare the international freight rates.
* Check out the rates and see whether they are offering with facility of order tracking system or not. Ask them for client reference and cross check it. This will help you in knowing what exactly the quality of the services being offered was. Did the company provide quality and timely services or not? Did the customer face any problem with the services? Were the goods in good condition when the final delivery was made or not?
* Next thing is to see whether the company understands the specific needs of the product type. If you are dealing with perishable items them it becomes necessary to check whether they have the refrigeration facility or not. These things differ with the weather conditions of the country where you are sending the goods.
* Many shipping companies provide secondary services to their customers. These include custom clearance, payment of taxes and duties, covering of documentation issues, etc. They know the shipping and freight laws of various countries and will help you in knowing & abiding by them. Even some companies offer with supply chain management facility also.
* Freight companies have tie-ups with custom brokers, & various domestic freight agents/ companies. Have the details of them if possible. This will help you in telling the customer, exactly who will be delivering the products and by what time.
These things will help you in knowing more about freight service provider and take a wiser decision.
International Freight Shipping From [category_name]
There are several differences between shipping items with an Air freight company and shipping with an LTL carrier. As you may guess, the main difference is the mode of transportation that is used to move product from the origin point to the final destination. LTL carriers use a network of trucks consolidating freight along the way through their break bulk points before the product is finally delivered. Air carriers use a group of local trucks to pick up and deliver the freight, but utilize a network of airlines (both commercial and cargo) to do the bulk of the freights movement. By comparing the basic transportation difference, you can probably also determine the next main difference in shipping with an LTL carrier vs. shipping through an Air carrier; that would be transit time.
Air carriers can also offer something the LTL carriers cannot, which is next day or 2nd day services from any origin point in the US to any US destination point. Due to the way LTL carriers network their equipment, it would be very difficult for an LTL carrier to provide next day or 2ND day services for shipments moving over 500 miles. Also, air carriers can provide guaranteed delivery dates for next day and 2nd day shipments. This is a very good service that fits a customer's need to get product to the final destination quickly and on time. This type of service does introduce us to the third main difference in shipping LTL vs. air and that is price.
Air carriers will provide very quick transit times and can easily guarantee delivery dates, but in comparison to the cost of shipping a product LTL, shipping via air freight can be very expensive. This type of service is not something a customer will use on a regular basis but can be very helpful in a time of need.
One other difference between LTL freight and air freight is how a customer's price is calculated. LTL carriers take into account the origin and destination zip codes, the products total weight and freight class. Air carriers calculate rates based on the origin zip code, destination zip code, and the products total weight and dimensions. Freight class is not used to calculate air freight. Air freight rate shipments based on a per pound rate based on the greater of either the shipments actual weight or the dimensional weight.
To calculate a products dimensional weight, you will multiply the shipments length, width and height (in inches) and then divide the total by 194. You then would compare that number against the shipments actual weight. The greater amount of the two is what you would use to calculate the total cost.
Dimensional weight example: A customer has a shipment that weighs 1000 lbs and is 48" long X 58" wide X 72" high. To find out which is greater, the dimensional weight or the actual weight, you would use the below equation:
(L) 48 * (W) 58 * (H) 72 = 200,488
200,488/194 = 1033 dim weight
In this example, the product's dimensional weight is greater than the products actual weight. One thing that LTL carriers and Air carriers have in common is the fact that they are renting out container space on the vehicle they are moving the product with. If a product has a dimensional weight that is greater than the actual weight, the carrier must be able to make up for potential lost revenue.